Annual Labor & Employment Seminar 2014
Please join Quinn Johnston attorneys for an informative labor and employment law update. This comprehensive seminar will include updates on the current employment law topics from the legislature, courts and executive agencies.
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Par-A-Dice Hotel, East Peoria, Illinois
Registration and Continental Breakfast: 8:00 – 8:25 a.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks: 8:25 – 8:30 a.m.
Seminar: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Employment Law Update: What’s New in Employment Law?* Kimberly Sarff
- Affordable Care Act: Where We are Today. Kimberly Sarff
- Prohibition of Conceal Carry and Legalization of Medical Marijuana. Stephen Buck
- Covenants Not to Compete: Are They Worth the Paper They are Printed on? Michael Kraft
- Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Age Discrimination in Employment Law: Are You Up to Speed? Peter Jennetten
- Drug and Alcohol Policies: Impact on Worker’s Compensation Liability. John Kamin
- Best Practices for Employers in Protesting and Presenting Evidence for Disputed Unemployment Insurance Claims. Keynote Speaker Diane Rice, U.I. Program Manager, Illinois Department of Employment Security
* The Employment Law Update will include a discussion of the new Illinois legislation involving new pregnancy discrimination protections afforded employees, restrictions on employer’s use of criminal convictions during the hiring process, and employer’s rights related to workplace violence prevention.