Representing Family Farmers and Small- to Medium-sized Agribusinesses
Agriculture in Illinois is a multi-billion-dollar industry, one that operates not only in corporations’ boardrooms and factories, but also proudly on family farms throughout central Illinois. Today’s farm families confront many of the complexities of ever-changing local, state, and global marketplaces and regulations.
Farm families and agribusinesses need strong advisors so that they may continue to thrive in today’s ever changing environment. Quinn Johnston’s Peoria-based attorneys and staff are here to assist when serious issues arise where agriculture and law intersect. We can provide farmers and other agribusinesses with guidance regarding a number of agricultural legal issues such as:
- Choice of entity
- Agricultural finance and loan documentation
- Corporate governance
- Purchase and sale of farmland
- 1031 exchanges
- Estate planning
- Land use, drainage and mineral rights
- Regulatory matters
- Farm leases
- 2032A planning
Quinn Johnston’s Agriculture Group
Led by firm partner Kenny Eathington, Quinn Johnston’s agriculture group, located in Peoria, Illinois, knows best how to advise you on legal matters because our group knows the industry. Kenny grew up on his family’s multigenerational farm in west central Illinois and graduated from the University of Illinois, earning his undergraduate degree in agricultural economics. He continues to be active in agricultural organizations.
Quinn Johnston’s clients regularly include farmers, land owners, agricultural suppliers, farm management companies and family farm corporations. We also advise various financial institutions on lending issues and loan documentation to farmers, agribusinesses, and other entities.
Kenny’s experience includes:
- Handling all legal matters for two sow production centers, including the formation of the entities and preparing necessary agreements.
- Representing a regional commercial bank in a grain elevator failure, including the elevator’s efforts to liquidate its collateral and negotiations with the Illinois Department of Agriculture.
- Documenting for a national agricultural lender an $18.5 million credit facility to an agricultural supply company and crop production operation.
- Advising numerous clients on the purchase and sale of farmland.
- Advising farm families on estate planning.
Quinn Johnston’s agribusiness group is prepared to help you achieve positive results solving problems, making important decisions, and taking careful action, whether in transactional affairs or litigation.
About Quinn Johnston
Quinn Johnston’s attorneys possess extensive experience advocating strongly for clients while maintaining a high level of professionalism and ethical standards. Quinn Johnston was featured by Fortune Legal Marketplace as a 2013 Top Ranked Law Firm based on Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent ratings for ethical standards and legal ability. Several of our attorneys have also been named as Leading Lawyers by their peers in the Leading Lawyers Network. We represent clients throughout central Illinois, including in Peoria, Springfield, Bloomington-Normal, Decatur, Quincy, Kankakee, Galesburg, Danville, Belleville and their surrounding areas.