While studying business administration at the University of Illinois, Teresa took a required course in business law that opened her eyes to a new opportunity. After completing the course and working with the law professor for additional semesters following, she recognized that her interest in law, paired with her passion for reading and writing, would provide a solid foundation for a rewarding career in law.
Upon earning her law degree, Teresa gained extensive experience in Chicago serving as a commercial litigation attorney at a firm serving banking institutions, as a transactional attorney at a firm serving the hospitality industry, and as an in-house attorney for a commercial real estate company. However, after nine years in Chicago, she felt drawn to return home to the Peoria area to be near family.
Teresa practiced law in her home town of Morton before joining the team at Quinn Johnston in 2020. “Quinn Johnston’s long history and excellent reputation in the Central Illinois business community was attractive from the start. However, it is the firm’s wealth of diversely experienced attorneys with whom to collaborate that appealed to me most,” recalls Teresa. “As part of that team I look forward to helping clients reach their transactional end goals and making clients more comfortable with the legal process in general.”
In her spare time, Teresa loves to read and is an avid runner. She enjoys training for distance races and triathlons. And, while she has returned home to Central Illinois, she still looks forward to the Cubs baseball and Bears football seasons. Teresa resides in Normal and enjoys spending time with her family, especially her twin niece and nephew.
- J.D., Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan, 2008
- Michigan State University Law Review
- B.S., Business Administration, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois, 2005
- High Honors, James Scholar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Peoria County Bar Association
- McLean County Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Fleet Feet Running Club – mentoring running groups and volunteering at local races
Named to Illinois’ Emerging Lawyers by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company in 2021.
Only two percent of Illinois lawyers under the age of 40 or who have been licensed to practice for 10 years or less earn this distinction.