Behind every successful law firm stands a senior partner who dedicates himself to making his firm the finest in the region. At Quinn, Johnston, Henderson, Pretorius & Cerulo, that senior partner is Greg Cerulo.
With a law degree in hand from the University of Illinois, Greg came to Peoria in 1979 to begin his career at McConnell, Kennedy, Quinn & Johnston, and then spent the next 35 years at the same firm. Over the years, Greg has seen a number of changes in the office take shape. “We were not even half the size then that we are now,” recalls Greg. “In 1986, the firm changed its name to Quinn, Johnston, Henderson & Pretorius. Between 1999 and 2012, the five partners senior to me retired.” In 2011, Greg’s partners honored him by adding his name to the firm, bestowing on the firm its present identity.
A tireless litigator, Greg’s cases typically involve the defense of catastrophic injury cases or bet-the-business commercial lawsuits. In a typical year, he immerses himself in the engineering, scientific and medical issues of product liability claims, trucking accidents, medical malpractice claims and building construction disputes.
Greg counts the following among the recent highlights of his practice:
- Obtaining summary judgment for a bridge building firm, which was accused of providing an inadequate work platform and causing an accident resulting in fatal injuries to three ironworkers and serious injuries to two others. The Illinois Supreme Court eventually affirmed the summary judgment.
- Being certified as a Mediator/Arbitrator by the International Academy of Dispute Resolution and being named a Certified Neutral by the American Arbitration Association.
- Trying 5 medical malpractice cases to defense verdicts in Peoria County courts over the past several years. These cases involved post-surgical complications, stillbirth, untimely death and in one case, an unwanted pregnancy.
When not practicing law, Greg can be found taking in a St. Louis sporting event (the Cardinals, the Blues and the Rams) or spending time with family. He and his wife Barb have three adult children and a beautiful new granddaughter.
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois, 1979
- B.A., Political Science, Purdue University, University of Missouri, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Peoria County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- American Arbitration Association – Certified Neutral
- Martindale-Hubbell rating of AV® Preeminent
- Selected as a Top Rated Lawyer in Construction Law based on AV® Rating, 2014
- Selected as a Top Rated Lawyer in Transportation Law based on AV® Rating, 2014
- Named 13 years in a row to the Illinois Super Lawyers list by Illinois Super Lawyers and Chicago Magazine, for years 2005-2017
- Named 14 years in a row as a Leading Lawyer by peers in the Leading Lawyers Network, for years 2004-2017
- Lecturer, Peoria County Legal Education Program
- Lecturer, Illinois State Bar Association, Civil Practice
News & Events
Quinn Johnston Attorneys Named as 2017 Leading Lawyers
Law Bulletin Publishing Company and its Leading Lawyers division has announced that 17 attorneys from the Peoria law firm of Quinn, Johnston, Henderson, Pretorius & Cerulo were named by their peers to the list of the top lawyers licensed to practice law in Illinois.
Quinn Johnston Attorneys Named as 2016 Leading Lawyers
Law Bulletin Publishing Company and its Leading Lawyers division has announced that 15 attorneys from the Peoria law firm of Quinn, Johnston, Henderson, Pretorius & Cerulo were named by their peers to the list of the top lawyers licensed to practice law in Illinois.
Nine Quinn Johnston Attorneys Recognized for Professional Achievement
Nine attorneys from Quinn Johnston have been named to prestigious lists by two prominent ratings services: Illinois Super Lawyers and Illinois Rising Stars. Quinn Johnston is honored that all nine of the attorneys recognized this year have also been recognized for their professional achievement in past years.
Ten Attorneys Recognized for Professional Achievement
Ten attorneys from Quinn Johnston have been named to prestigious lists by two prominent ratings services: Illinois Super Lawyers and Illinois Rising Stars. Each year, only five percent of the total lawyers in the state are selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers. Please join us in congratulating these outstanding lawyers.
2014 Annual Business and Tax Seminar
Registration for the 2014 Annual Business and Tax Seminar is open until November 14, 2014. There is no fee for attending the event. Participants will benefit from five presentations regarding current developments and new trends in the area of business and tax law. Participants may earn up to 3.5 credits in Business Law, and CLE accreditation is pending.